The ABB general machinery drives are designed to be the fastest drives to install, parameter-set and commission. They are highly compact and cost effective. Equipped with cutting-edge intelligence and an innovative safety capability the drives are designed specifically to meet the production and performance needs of system integrators, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and panel builders, as well as the requirements of end users in a broad range of applications.
ACS355 Drive Highlights:
- Worldwide availability and service
- Exceptionally compact drives and uniform design
- Quick commissioning with application macros and panel assistants
- Safe Torque-Off function (SIL3 ) as standard
- Sensorless vector control
- Built-in brake chopper
- High protection class variants for demanding environments
Saving time in installation and commissioning
The drive’s compact and uniform dimensions facilitate multiple drive solutions and cabinet installations. Different mounting options enable flexible installation in restricted spaces. With the FlashDrop tool the drive can be pre-configured in seconds without powering the drive. The drive’s application macros and assistants enable fast and easy commissioning.
Saving cost with cutting-edge intelligence and flexilibity
Up to eight pre-set sequences of operations can be created in minutes with the drive’s PC tool to reduce the need for external PLC components. Versatile Feldbus connectivity to most PLCs on the market is also available. The drive includes Safe Torque-Off function as standard helping machine builders to fulfil the latest machinery directives.
Additional features include Speed Compensated Stop, making the drive ideal for material handling applications that require precision stopping that is independent of variations in process speed. For demanding environments high protection class variants are available in IP66/IP67/UL Type 4X classes that are NSF certiï¬ed.
Power and voltage range
- 1-phase, 200 to 240 V ± 10% : 0.37 to 2.2 kW (0.5 to 3 hp)
- 3-phase, 200 to 240 V ± 10% : 0.37 to 11 kW (0.5 to 15 hp)
- 3-phase, 380 to 480 V ± 10% : 0.37 to 22 kW (0.5 to 30 hp)
- Auxiliary I/O modules
- MTAC pulse encoder interface
- MREL module for additional relays
- MPOW for external auxiliary power supply
- Fieldbus connection via optional modules
- PROFIBUS DP
- FlashDrop tool for fast preconfiguration without powering the drive
- DriveWindow Light PC tool for easy parameter setting and graphical sequence programming
- External EMC filters for category C2 compatibility
- Input chokes for IEC 61000-3-12 compatibility